CBWF is committed to supporting the LGBT community, by providing access to various services. We are a designated safe zone, with the goal to create a welcoming and safe environment for all.
Safe Zone Map
CBWF is committed to supporting the LGBT community, by providing access to various services. We are a designated safe zone, with the goal to create a welcoming and safe environment for all. Our agency is dedicated to providing the best wellness services and are sensitive to the sometimes unique needs of the LGBT community.
LGBT friendly services include primary health care, HIV/AIDS and STI screening, HIV/AIDS specific treatment specific medical and social services, counseling, and substance abuse treatment.
Services are available and affordable to everyone, with some services provided based on a sliding fee scale.
We also publish the bi-annual Hard Candy magazine, which focuses on LGBT themes and interests.
The Safe Zone program focuses on developing and promoting standards of care and code of ethics that is inclusive and supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. The Safe Zone program builds a network of individuals, businesses and community organizations who support the Safe Zone mission and create welcoming spaces and experiences for all.
CBWF staff are available to provide Safe Zone and Cultural Competency training to businesses and organizations that are interested in becoming a certified Safe Zone.
Benefits of being a Safe Zone include:
- Receiving a window decal and certificate to recognize your business as a Safe Zone
- Free promotion on a Safe Zone web directory and social media pages
- Build new relationships with a significant portion of the population, which could lead to the recruitment of new customers, employees and partnerships
Businesses and organizations interested in hosting a Safe Zone training can contact Community Mobilization Specialist at 361-814-2001
Safe Zone Certified Businesses:
• BCFS Health and Human Services – Corpus Christi
• Community Action Corporation of South Texas – Alice
• Hidden Door
• Family Counseling Service Inc.
• Santuary Night Club & Lounge
• Texas A&M University - Kingsville Student Health and Wellness Staff
• Women’s & Men’s Health Services – Dillon, Holly and Kingsville locations
Chat or leave a message with CBWF:
Get social with CBWF: