CBWF's outreach and prevention mission is to create a healthier community by promoting self efficacy to reduce ones risk of STIs/HIV/Hepatitis through education, testing, and community support.
WellnessWeb is a text-messaged based support program for HIV+ youth and young adults ages 13-34. The goal of WellnessWeb is to assist clients with linking to medical care after receiving a positive HIV test result for the first time or when re-entering the medical system after a gap in HIV health care greater than 6 months. WellnessWeb staff work with clients to identify personal strengths and resources that clients can use to overcome barriers, manage their healthcare, and advocate for their needs.
- Client works with WellnessWeb staff for up to 5 sessions, 90 days or until linked to medical care
- After a client has linked to medical care, the client will continue to receive support through programmed text messages, including appointment reminders, medications reminders, health education, healthy living tips and motivational support messages, for up to 90 days.
- Clients will be asked to complete a 6-, 12- and 18-month evaluation survey. At the end of each survey clients will receive a $20 gift card.
Talk to WellnessWeb staff about
- What it means to be HIV positive
- How to prepare for a medical appointment
- Where you can find support groups
Benefits of the program
- Never worry about having to travel to your WellnessWeb appointments
- Choose to chat with WellnessWeb staff through text message, our messaging app, or another social media app of your choice
- Receive transportation assistance to medical appointments
- Receive referrals to additional support services
For more information contact WellnessWeb Coordinator, at 361.814.2001.
CBWF has an extensive network of providers that offer services to persons living with HIV/AIDS. As a community, our goal is to provide quality care and services that maximize the health and wellness of the Texas Gulf Coast residents living with HIV/AIDS. We are glad that you have found us. We are committed to working with you to provide the highest quality services possible to meet your needs.
CBWF provides comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. Services include medical treatment by a certified infectious disease specialist, medical case management to access and coordinate care and support services, mental health and substance abuse treatment, oral health, short and long term housing support, as well as other social services.
Services are provided within the perimeters and guidelines set by the taxonomy issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Please note:
• All services are based on availability of funding.
• Payment for services are only allowed to be made to providers who are contracted with CBWF.
• Contact your case manager before receiving services to assure that we can assist you with payment. Prior approval must be provided.
• CBWF is not allowed to make payments to clients directly. Payment for services must be made directly to the provider.
Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation has a successful history of providing core and support services to HIV/AIDS clients in the communities we serve. Primary services provided are medical case management, such as medical adherence and financial assistance for ambulatory and pharmaceutical requirements; non-medical case management by providing social support services; disease education through outreach and prevention programs; substance abuse services; and housing.
To receive services from the Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation, potential HIV clients must meet the following criteria:
Continued eligibility is based on compliance with the following:
Call (361) 814-2001
to schedule an
Directions to CBWF
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
• Ph. 361.814.2001 or 1.800.982.9629
• Office Hours 9:00a.m.-5:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
• Testing Hours at CBWF:
• Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Chat or leave a message with CBWF:
Get social with CBWF: